We’ve missed you! Welcome back to the Sausalito Library.
New evening hours! Curbside Service is currently available:
Tuesday, 2:00-6:00 p.m.
Wednesday and Thursday, 10:00 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Call the Library to make an appointment: 415-289-4121
The Sausalito Library's no-contact curbside service is now available for pickups and returns at the far end of the City Hall parking lot. To request items, you can place holds using our online catalog or by calling us at (415) 289-4121. You may also add extra items to your curbside order, such as magazines, a grab bag of three random paperbacks, and take-and-make craft kits.
Hours for pickups and returns are Tuesday from 2:00 to 6:00 p.m. and Wednesday and Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Pickups are by appointment by calling the number above. When picking up items, please wear a face covering if library staff are present. The library is not able to accept book donations at this time. Returned materials will stay on your account for up to a week in quarantine.
The take-and-make craft kit for July 13 to July 24 is a weave-your-own God's eye. The kit is ideal for ages 5+, but anyone can choose to join in the fun. Patrons can request a craft kit by emailing email@example.com or calling (415) 289-4121.
Free home delivery is available through CARSS (Call A Ride for Sausalito Seniors) to all residents who are age 60 and older or have a disability. To arrange a pickup of your library requests, contact CARSS 24 hours in advance by phoning (415) 944-5474. CARSS is a City of Sausalito Age Friendly program managed by Sausalito Village.
Any questions about curbside service may be directed to Senior Library Assistant Rebecca Burgan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curbside Frequently asked Questions
We know you probably have a lot of questions. Here are our answers to the most common ones:
Where and when can I return my library items?
- ONLY during service hours and in the designated bins, not the book drops.
- NO BOOK DONATIONS PLEASE.
- All returns will be quarantined and remain on your account for up to a week. No fines will be charged during this time.
Will I be fined for items I still have?
- No. Fines won’t accrue at this time.
- Items checked out after June 9 will have the standard loan period due date.
How can I request items for curbside pickup?
- Email or leave a voicemail with your name, library card number, the titles and formats (book, audiobook, etc) of the items you'd like, and your contact information. Staff will respond between 10 a.m.- 5 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- Go to marinet.bibliocommons.com to browse. If you’d like recommendations or do not have access to the internet, please leave us a voicemail at 415-289-4121 or email email@example.com.
- Orders are filled as we receive them.
- Appointments are staggered to prevent congestion. Please arrive promptly.
What’s available for curbside pickup?
- Books, DVDs, audiobooks, CDs, etc.
- Paperbacks: Ask for a grab-bag and we’ll give you a selection!
- Periodicals: Pick a title to receive 3 random issues. Select your title here.
What about summer reading?
- Though we won’t be able to offer live performances this year, we’ll have alternatives that uphold County rules.
- On June 15, we launched virtual reading logs for kids and adults through Beanstack, a platform used by many major libraries. Track your progress online or request a paper log in your next order! And keep an eye out for upcoming virtual programming.
Answers up to date as of 7/15/20. Questions? Visit sausalitolibrary.org or call 415-289-4121.