Directions to Sausalito Public Library
Inside Sausalito Civic Center ("City Hall")
420 Litho Street, Sausalito CA 94965
Phone (415) 289-4121
From the North on Highway 101:
- Take the "Sausalito / Marin City" freeway exit.
- Get into either the middle or the right lane that allows you to turn left at the traffic light; you will keep to the right while going under the overpass.
- Drive under the overpass to the next light and turn right onto Bridgeway, which is the "main" street that runs through Sausalito.
- Proceed on Bridgeway through 6 signal lights.
- After the 6th light, stay in the right lane and go one long block.
- The road will come to a "Y"; take the right branch, which will feed onto Caledonia Street.
- Go one block on Caledonia to Bee Street.
- Turn right on Bee Street and proceed up the hill.
- Near the top of the hill, turn left off Bee Street into the Civic Center Parking Lot.
Approaching from San Francisco (south):
- Follow the Highway 101 directional signs through San Francisco and across the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Take the 2nd exit after the Bridge – "Alexander Avenue". (The first exit is "Vista Point".)
- Follow the winding road going downhill through the hills, which will lead into the residential area of Sausalito. You will eventually drive close to the Bay and into the downtown commercial area.
- Go through 3 traffic lights; you should see a Chevron Station on the left at the 3rd light.
- Go 4 more blocks and turn left onto Litho Street.
- Take a right turn on that block onto Caledonia Street.
- Go 1 block and turn left onto Bee Street; proceed up the hill.
- Turn left from Bee Street into the Civic Center Parking Lot near the top of the block
Parking and Access
Although the Civic Center parking lot is posted with signs stating that a parking sticker is required, please feel free to park in the lot and be assured that our parking enforcement will not issue a ticket while you are at City Hall.
You can access the City Hall building from either end of the parking lot. Near the parking lot entrance, there are exterior stairs down to the main level of the City Hall. From the far end of the parking lot, you can enter on the top floor of the building by ramp and choose between an elevator or a stairway to go down to Floor No. 1, which is the main level of City Hall. The library is on the main level.