- Books and audiobooks - 3 weeks
- Music CDs - 1 week
- DVDs - 1 week
- Bestseller DVDs - 3 days
- Bestseller books - 2 weeks
- Museum passes (available to Marin residents only) - 3 days
- CA State Park Vehicle passes (available to Sausalito residents only) - 1 week
- Books - 50
- Books on CD - 10
- Magazines - 3 per title
- eBooks - 8
- Music CDs - 10
- DVDs - 15
- Two renewals per item (if there are no requests for the item)
- To renew your items online, click here.
- Bestseller books, Bestseller DVDs, and museum/park passes cannot be renewed
- Renewals may be made in person, online, by telephone, or via email to LibraryCirculation@sausalito.gov
- 25¢/day per item on adult books, audiobooks, DVDs and CDs (maximum $5 per item)
- 25¢/day per item for 7-day adult DVDs (maximum $5 per item)
- 50¢/day for bestseller books and DVDs (maximum $7 per item)
- 50¢/day for museum and park passes (maximum $5 per items)
- There are no overdue fines on Sausalito Library-owned children's and YA (young adult) materials, but checked out items still have due dates, and long-overdue items will be billed at replacement cost plus a $7 processing fee.
Lost Materials Charges
Lost materials are charged at the price of item, plus a $7 processing fee.
$3 for OCLC Interlibrary Loan requests (MARINet and LINK+ requests are free)
Returning Library Materials
All borrowed items may be returned at any public library in Marin County.
Books and other items may be returned to the Sausalito Library during open hours, or via one of our book and A/V drop locations:
- Litho Street entrance to City Hall/Library building
- City Hall parking lot (enter from Bee Street)